Monday, August 25, 2008

Santa Cruz

When we planned the trip itinerary on the stoop, a few destinations didn't make the cut. It came down to San Diego or Santa Cruz. Wanting to see my friend Steph in San Diego, I suggested skipping Santa Cruz. "That's fine," Thomas said. "I've only wanted to go to Santa Cruz my whole life." I will see Steph next time.

We strolled down the boardwalk. I wanted to eat everything. I hadn't eaten solid food since San Luis Obispo, and I was surrounded by my favorite carny cuisine. I even had to refsue the seemingly innocuous (but seriously delicious) Dip'n Dots.

We drove out to Steamer Lane, a legendary surf spot that has captivated Thomas.


After watching for a while and taking a scenic drive around town, we returned to the spot so that Thomas could surf.
Thomas, circled
Triumphant return

Ahead of schedule, we called my uncle to ask if we could come early to San Carlos.

No comments: