Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fresno

When we left San Francisco, I was bundled up in a hoodie, a scarf, and my only pair of long pants. Three hours later, I was in the sweltering desert heat of Fresno. Thomas' mom's side is from Fresno, so it was his turn to visit with his family.

We stayed with Merlene's twin sister, Aunt Marilyn, and Uncle Bill.

Thomas felt right at home.
We fell into the Fresno lifestyle--walking the dogs, watching "Maury," eating In-n-Out until acid reflux ravaged Thomas' stomach lining.

After Thomas got his exercise, we went to visit his cousin, Timmy. His house was full of millions (six) kids under the age of 8 who all called Thomas "Cousin." As in, "Cousin, play jump rope!" and "Cousin, lift me up to dunk this basketball!" and "Cousin, look at my Batman backpack!" I learned that Pablo's favorite number is "W."

Next, Thomas introduced me to Grandma Julie, who showed us old family photos and gave us good Dupree family gossip. She is also a fellow knitter. After meeting Grandma Julie, I have a better understanding of where Thomas gets his amiability.


After a solid night's sleep, Marilyn took us for a Grand Tour of Merlene's Life in Fresno.
House where Merlene and her five siblings grew up
Grandma Julie's house, down the street from Tom & Lois' old house
The night before we left, we went to dinner with a lot of Thomas' family.
The Fresno Duprees: Uncle Tom, me, Aunt Lois (bending), Thomas, Cousin Sunny, Leslie, Grandma Julie, Uncle Bill, and Aunt Marilyn

I had a great time meeting Thomas' extended family. They were all as warm and welcoming as his immediate family back in Lubbock.

2 comments:

ackerleyacton8 said...

Great thanks for sharing your experience with us. We will wait for more updates, keep sharing.

rehab center of Fresno

adamarisaddison said...

Thank you so much for having such a nice and entertaining stuff for us. I really enjoy your blog and the way you have describe your content.

Heroin Addiction Treatment